Weight Tracking!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Just Older...

So here is a big Birthday Shout Out..... to me and Trav.



I was 35 on February 21st, and he turned 36 on March 5th. Neither of us is thrilled about it...

Why does 35 seem so much older than 34 to me? And Trav being 36... I mean, that's practically almost 40! HA!

But oh well.... as they say, it beats the alternative.

We celebrated a few times and got some great gift cards and two very nice dinners out of it... but most importantly (and my favorite) my sweet sister did the coolest thing and had the first year of my blog "published" for me.





I had been thinking I should print out some of my posts (you know, for my kids - especically since I can't seem to get it together to scrapbook), but I hadn't done it yet. And now I have this great book with all of it, the pictures and everything. I love it. Aunt Mandy is THE BEST! She did it over at http://www.blurb.com/, if you're interested in doing your blog for yourself.


Somewhere around 27 or 28 I started a list of things (you know, stuff I wanted to do, try, accomplish, etc., etc. ) I was planning to get "done" by the time I was 30.... and let's just say, there isn't much crossed off of it. But... you know, these days I find that more often I want to just relish in every second of the "now" God has given me, and focus on being grateful for what I have, but yet hopeful for what might be in store.


So at 35... while I'm not excited about the idea of turning 35, I'm really just thrilled to be happier and healthier than I was at 34... I still have my list, and while I may not get around to all of it, maybe even before 40, I'm going to keep it, and maybe even add some to it... but more importantly, I'm going to be grateful for all that is in my life that hinders me getting things crossed off of it!

So to close my birthday blog shout out to me and Trav... and sum up my thoughts on turning 35 and beyond, I must leave you with the words of the great poet, Jon Bon Jovi. HA!




I like the bed I'm sleeping in
Just like me, it's broken in
It's not old... just older....

Like a favorite pair of torn blue jeans
The skin I'm in, it's all right with me
It's not old... just older....

No comments: