Weight Tracking!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bike Riding and Odd News...

Here are some pictures of Tessa enjoying her birthday present during our biking adventure last weekend. Tessa loves her bike... she hadn't quite mastered peddling yet, but...


Daddy showed her how....

After an hour or so, Gracie was riding like a pro... and Tessa decided she'd walk home and said daddy could ride her bike. Gracie says she'll be gald when it's Spring and they can ride "every day". We'll see...


Anyway... on a side note, I read the Yahoo headlines every day. Our computer sits in the space (and I do mean "space") between the kitchen and the laundry room. So every time I'm on my way to the laundry room (like five times a day at least), I have to stop and check the yahoo headlines and see if anything new has popped up.

I also have a bit of an addiction to celebrity gossip (a particular guilty pleasure being http://www.perezhilton.com/, who yes, I know, can be terrible!). But I especially love the news that is actually listed on the yahoo page under "odd news".

And on that note, I saw this posted under the "odd news" headlines Friday afternoon... and as a public service to anyone who missed this "news story" and thinks it might a good idea to tell a pregnant woman who is bellied up to the bar, ALONE, on Valentine's Day that she shouldn't be drinking... think again!

PREGNANT WOMAN ACCUSED OF ASSAULT.
Thu Feb 14, 10:46 PM ET
ROCHESTER, Pa. - A woman who is seven months pregnant is accused of smashing a beer bottle against a bartender's head after she was refused another drink. Police said Keisharra Abercrombie, 30, assaulted the female bartender on Saturday after being told she shouldn't be drinking alcohol.

Police say Abercrombie also smashed a glass over the bartender's ear and head. Authorities said the bartender's ear was partially detached. A surgeon in Pittsburgh used two staples and 28 stitches to reattach the top of the ear. Abercrombie was arraigned Wednesday on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment and reckless endangerment. She was in the Beaver County Jail on $25,000 bail.

Could you even imagine that scene?? Okay, obviously, this is very sad - in fact, tragic really (especially for that poor bartender). And of course, drinking while pregnant is bad - very bad! But... I couldn't help but giggle as I thought about my many pregnant friends, and then myself at seven or eight months pregnant. I don't know, but it was probably likely that if some well intentioned drive through worker had decided to caution me about about the effects of excess french fry consumption or denied my request to "super size me" they might have suffered a serious injury involving that headset they have to wear...

3 comments:

heather said...

Girl, there are days that I could be belly up to a bar (if I were a drinker). :) Your new profile pick looks so much like your sister!!! It's a great one!

Janna Barber said...

Hey Tricia!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. yes, I remember you. Where did you and Travis end up after CCF? Your pix and kids are just beautiful. (And you look great w/ brown hair -- really makes your eyes POP!) My Benjamin is only 10 days older than Tanner. Good to see old faces on your blog. Maybe we'll get out to AR to visit soon!

Bob Wynn said...

Hey Tricia,
This is a fun article. My wife did not drink during pregnancy but, we all certainly walked on eggshells during that time.
I write a blog called the Odd News Awards, http://oddnewsawards.blogspot.com .I would like to include you blog in my links.
Bob Wynn